Types of  Building Permits


All new construction needs either a driveway application or a copy of an approved driveway permit  turned in with the new house building application. 


Detached garage, garden shed, pole shed (but does not include commercial structures)

Manufactured Homes

Moving or replacing new or used manufactured homes

New Dwelling

Includes  modular homes, shouses, barndominiums, hunting cabins, sheds with living quarters, existing structures that you are adding living quarters to, any type of structure with sleeping space, and structures that you are converting to living space or partial living space.  This includes both permanent or temporary situations.

Residential Addition

Projects that add footage onto existing home: screen porch, 3 or 4 season porch, attached garage

Residential Alterations

Electrical service upgrade, windows and/or door enlargement, fireplace, 
kitchen remodel, bath remodel, basement finish, etc.


Any commercial structure excluding signs, solar arrays, & fences: outbuilding,  warehouse etc.


Residential or commercial

Solar Array

Detached garages, garden sheds, pole sheds (but does not include commercial structures)


Issued by All Croix in the Villages of Baldwin, Ellsworth, Roberts, and Spring Valley

Swimming Pool

Residential Pool/Hot tub