top of page


Administrative Lists


If you do not know what municipality you are in (it may not be the same as your mailing address)

please see our

Service Areas page for more information.

Village of Ellsworth
& ETZ 
Permit Application Process

The following municipalities serve as their own zoning authority--Contact the Municipal Hall of the City, Town, or Village.


City of Prescott


Town of St. Joseph

Town of River Falls

Village of Baldwin

Village of Bay City

Village of Elmwood

Village of Maiden Rock

Village of Roberts

Village of Spring Valley

Village of Wilson

The City of River Falls is the zoning authority for the River Falls ETZ.

All Croix Inspections, Corp.

issues zoning permits for the

Village of Ellworth and the ETZ in the Towns of Trimbelle and  Ellsworth.

The zoning authority for the following municipalities is Pierce County-Land Management:


Town of Clifton

Town of Gilman

Town of Hartland

Town of Isabelle

Town of Maiden Rock

Town of Martell

Town of Oak Grove

Town of Salem

Town of Trimbelle

Town of Union

The zoning authority for the following municipalities is St. Croix County-Community Development:


Town of Baldwin

Town of Eau Galle

Town of Erin Prairie

Town of Hammond

Town of Kinnickinnic

Town of Richmond

Town of Somerset

Zoning Permits vs. Building Permits: What's the Difference?

Zoning permits are in reference to the land-- how the geographical features, setbacks, easements, etc. affect placement of a structure and how the intended use of that property (land) fits within the community.    


Building permits refer to the actual construction of the structure and the codes relevant to building. The use of the structure is relevant  as far as determining what building code the structure’s construction will follow— the WI Commercial Building Code or The Uniform Dwelling Code but the use of the land/property refers only to the zoning code.. 


Zoning code definitions/terminology and building code definitions/terminology are not interchangeable.  Even common words like  ”dwelling,” “residential,” “ commercial,”  may be defined differently under each.  This means that the zoning department may define your project as a residential accessory use but the building inspector’s office may define that structure as being a commercial structure that requires it to be built to the commercial building code.


It is the applicants' responsibility to secure any needed zoning (or any other local, state or federal permits)  before applying for a building permit. 


bottom of page